The events being organized include:
1. Hello Again, Dolly! Exhibit at Putnam History Museum, featuring original costumes from the film, including the gown worn by Barbra Streisand, behind the scenes photos, rare foreign posters, original set design drawings and art work, film memorabilia, and Gene Kelly’s script. Opens: Sunday, May 13. Closes end of October. See Details >>
2. Garrison Union Free School Annual Spring Concert. May 15, 7pm. See Details >>
3. Screening of Thornton Wilder’s 1958 riotous comedy film The Matchmaker with Anthony Perkins, Shirley MacLaine and Shirley Booth. Come see the original comedy film of Wilder’s play before the musical film was made and compare it to Hello, Dolly! At Desmond-Fish Library. Friday May 18, 6pm. http://desmondfishlibrary.org
4. Preston Pittman lecture on The Historical Antecedents of HELLO DOLLY! Come learn about the fascinating history and background, the many variations and versions of this timeless theatrical creation which dates back to ancient Greece. May 19 at 5:00 pm at the Putnam History Museum.
5. Victorian hat making seminars & and history of hats. Location: Garrison Art Center. Date: May 31 and June 2. See Details >>
6. Screening of Disney/Pixar’s WALL-E. Bring the kids!! Enjoy this futuristic robot love story, as Wall-E saves the Earth and falls in love to the tunes of Hello, Dolly! At Desmond-Fish Library. This is a FREE event. Friday, June 8, 6pm. http://desmondfishlibrary.org
7. COMMUNITY FREE PARADE DANCE REHEARSAL: Come practice your moves with ace Choreographer SUZI MYERS TIPPA. June 9. Philipstown Rec Gymnasium. 107 Glenclyffe Drive, Garrison, NY 10524. 3:30 – 5:00PM.
Practice along at HOME too, with this great video: https://www.garrisonartcenter.org/hello-dolly-dance-instruction
8. Tommy Tune led “Put On Your Sunday Clothes” costume Parade. (Just where the same scene was filmed 50 years ago!!) Followed by ice-cream social and Q & A with Tommy Tune. Garrison Landing Bridge, Depot Street and Park. This is a FREE event hosted in part by the Cold Springs Lions Club. Date: Saturday, June 16, 4pm. See Details >>
9. Hello Again, Dolly! Scenic Evening Riverboat Cruise. Garrison Landing Marina. Date: June 16, 6-8pm See Details >>
10. Outdoor Screening of restored Hello, Dolly! Film. Location: Garrison Landing Park on the river. Please bring your own beach chair or blanket for movie viewing on the park lawn. This is a FREE event hosted in part by the Cold Springs Lions Club. Date: Saturday, June 16, 9pm.
11. Tommy Tune performance of “Tommy Tune Tonight” At Paramount Peekskill. Date: Sunday, June 17, 2pm. See Details >>
12. An evening with Jerry Zaks, acclaimed four time TONY winning director of the smash Broadway hit HELLO, DOLLY! Hosted by HUDSON VALLEY SHAKESPEARE’s Artistic Director Davis McCullum. In this Q&A, come learn about what it takes to mount a mega-hit on Broadway!! Location: Garrison Union Free School Gymnasium. Route 9D. Garrison. Date: JUNE 18 at 6pm. See Details >>
13. Behind The Scenes with Christopher Radko. Get the inside line on what it took to bring this multi-million dollar movie to life, the impact it made on our community, and the historical context of the Hudson Highlands, with Festival director and exhibition curator Christopher Radko. June 23. Putnam History Museum. 5 pm. Tickets for this event are $10.
For more info visit http://www.putnamhistorymuseum.org/home/2018/05/20/hellodollylecture/
To buy tickets visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/behind-the-scenes-of-filming-hello-dolly-lecture-tickets-46845101961
14. “Simply Streisand,” an evening of song and memories about Hello, Dolly! star Barbra Streisand. Location: Philipstown Depot Theater. Date: Saturday, June 23 at 8pm. See Details >>
15. Hudson Valley Shakespeare’s Thornton Wilder’s The Matchmaker. At Depot Theater on Garrison Landing. Date: August 8, at 7:30pm See Details >>
16. The West Point Band pays tribute to Broadway history with a special focus on Hello, Dolly! Evening outdoor concert under the stars. Location: Trophy Point at West Point. Date: Saturday, August 11. See Details >>
17. Behind the Scenes of Making Hello, Dolly, with exhibit curator Christopher Radko. Come learn about what it takes to create a major Hollywood motion picture, both the insider troubles and the triumphs, and hear about the impact it made on our community, one that is still relevant half a century later. Afterwards, Enjoy a personal tour of the exhibition with Christopher Radko. September 15. Putnam History Museum. 4 pm. Tickets for this event are $10. For more info call 845-265-4010 or visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/behind-the-scenes-of-filming-hello-dolly-lecture-tickets-49699227728
18. Beacon Historical Society Presents: “GENIUSES BEHIND THE SCENES” with Christopher Radko. Get the inside line on what it took to bring this multi-million dollar movie to life, the impact it made on our community, all the talents beyond the obvious stars, and the historical context of the Hudson Highlands, with Festival director and exhibition curator Christopher Radko.
On the heels of its 50th anniversary, guest speaker Christopher Radko will present a “behind the scenes” talk on the making of this multi-million dollar movie, the impact it made on our local communities and the historical context of the Hudson Highlands including BEACON, NY. He will share anecdotes, rare photos and a recording of Barbra Streisand’s experiences making the film. Mr. Radko is the Hello Again, Dolly! festival director and exhibition curator at the Putnam History Museum where you can see a display of historical photographs, original movie costumes, set designs, and memorabilia. Find out about Beacon’s role in the making of this film!
Join us on Wednesday, September 26 for an interesting history talk and reception at St. Andrew’s Church next to BHS headquarters at 15 South Avenue, Beacon, 7:00pm. Free and open to the public.
19. Jerry Herman Tribute, celebrating the man who created the music and lyrics to Hello, Dolly!, Mame, and La Cage Aux Folles. Location: Philipstown Depot Theater. Date: Saturday, September 29 at 8pm. See Details >>
20. Luxe Compendium HELLO AGAIN, DOLLY! Book Launch for Putnam History Museum exhibit. See Details >>
21. An evening with Tappan Wilder, Thornton Wilder’s nephew, and expert on the literary legacy of his uncle, author of Our Town and The Matchmaker. Come hear about the legacy of one of our country’s great playwright and novelists, three time Pulitzer Award winning Thornton Wilder, and his contribution to American literature and theater. (Event still in the planning)
22. AUTUMN SCHEDULE: Guests and Events to be announced, including educational museum events and talks, Hollywood costume lecture, student events at our local schools, and conversations with additional actors from the film Hello, Dolly! More good to come!!